The Republic of Heaven

My boyfriend cheats on me with World of Warcraft!

Discuss Video games and other technology

Postby shruikan_shade » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Darragh wrote:The one of the most complete MMORPG's ever made. There are lots of different ways to enjoy it and you can have a life and still enjoy the game. You think MMORPG is a craze? Surely the same could be said for CS:S players who sit there for just as longs as WOW players.

And if i play both? O_o

Lvl 62 human warlock here, on Emerald Dream. Used to play Guild Wars, that eventually got boring so i changed to WoW, having hated it whilst i played GW (then again the hatred most GW players have for WoW meant i didnt really have much choice in my first opinion of WoW)
shruikan_shade
Zalif

Postby shankerman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:23 pm

Austin my friend lvl 7O Troll Shaman Server Killrog WoW name Alghoul. Me lvl 47 Orc Warrior same server WoW name Shankstaman
I think you are weird

Leonidus wrote: Why haven't you seen 300?
shankerman
Grazer

Postby Luca » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:20 am

Anyone play on The Sha'tar realm?

It's dead; like there's been an armaggedon or something.
So tell me now, o tell me this: a forest’s son, a river’s daughter, a willow wand, a will-o-wisp.
Our ghosts will wander all of the water.
Luca
Armoured Bear

Postby Anoria » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:07 pm

Hello all. Necroposting in this thread because I think it's on-topic enough to warrant it rather than starting a new one.

I'd like an honest answer from the gaming guys around here. Of all the time you spend playing video games in general, about what percentage is spent on sections in which you can't pause?

I'm starting to think a petition of concerned girlfriends to the game writers of the world is in order, so that way our boyfriends won't have any excuse to ignore our messages for two hours at a time while they're "in the middle of this big boss fight!"

I would just put this in the annoyed thread, since the question does come from personal experience, except I actually am curious.
Hey baby, what's your callsign?

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Anoria
Solver

AOL: telcontara177

Postby Gabe » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:20 am

Anoria wrote:Hello all. Necroposting in this thread because I think it's on-topic enough to warrant it rather than starting a new one.

I'd like an honest answer from the gaming guys around here. Of all the time you spend playing video games in general, about what percentage is spent on sections in which you can't pause?

I'm starting to think a petition of concerned girlfriends to the game writers of the world is in order, so that way our boyfriends won't have any excuse to ignore our messages for two hours at a time while they're "in the middle of this big boss fight!"

I would just put this in the annoyed thread, since the question does come from personal experience, except I actually am curious.

Well, I don't have an answer to your question because a) I'm not much of a gamer anymore, only having spent perhaps half an hour in the whole past week playing a game, and b) I'm a PC gamer and PC games let you save anywhere. :P

But this made me think of a speech a guy did in my Comm class. It was brilliant...he urged the women in the class to learn how to play Halo so they could join their boyfriends and "pwn" them instead of waiting around for them to finish their game. It was hilarious, but so true. :lol:
Gabe
Unicluster Theologian

Postby Anoria » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Ahh, yeah for the longest time when I was introduced to console gaming, I didn't understand the idea of a save point. Why can't you just save anywhere like in sensible games?...

I've tried learning Halo and pwning guys. Perhaps it's because I never play two games in a row, and the controller configuration (specifically the direction associations for the control sticks or whatever they're called) is never the same between two sessions, but I always end up staring at my feet in a corner.
Kind of like real life parties, hmm.

The answer I got from the offending male, when I brought up the problem, was "well technically you can pause anywhere, but in the heat of a boss battle I don't tend to look at my screen." What kind of a boss fight takes two hours? *grumbles idly* And yes that's a rhetorical question.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Anoria
Solver

Postby brynjarbjorn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:26 pm

Well, actually there are PC games where you can't pause the game. WoW is one big huge mother lode of an example, or just any massively multiplayer game that involves gathering groups of people and spend several hours in a "dungeon". Believe me, my big bro plays WoW every single day, and it's really going to the nerves of my parents, cause he never shows up for dinner on time. When he does, he usually just rushed the food onto his dish, then vanishes back into his room.
brynjarbjorn
Unusual Suspect

Postby Gabe » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:00 pm

Anoria wrote:I've tried learning Halo and pwning guys. Perhaps it's because I never play two games in a row, and the controller configuration (specifically the direction associations for the control sticks or whatever they're called) is never the same between two sessions, but I always end up staring at my feet in a corner.
Kind of like real life parties, hmm.

Haha, yeah same here actually...I simply can't use a controller to play a FPS. Ah if only Halo had cross platform play I'd pwn all these newbie console players on my floor... :P
Gabe
Unicluster Theologian

Postby Darragh » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:11 am

Anoria wrote:Hello all. Necroposting in this thread because I think it's on-topic enough to warrant it rather than starting a new one.

The only ones you can't save or pause are MMORPGS like Warcraft. If your boyfriend is addicted to this game then the loving you give him needs to be improved. :P
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby Anoria » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:08 am

He doesn't play WoW (so I guess this might not quite be the right thread, but it's a similar situation), but he does have a Wii and a bunch of new games. And I can't give him any attention to distract him from it when I'm on the wrong side of the ocean, other than *chat window flashes* ... ... ... *chat window flashes* ..... It's never been a problem before because when I'm around, I can either participate in the game, or observe and point out all the good stopping points until he gives in. Or just give him a shoulder massage while he plays. jealous yet? :p
Oh well. He's promised to check his computer more often.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Anoria
Solver

Postby Cookiemonster » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Don't worry, Dawn - I have the same problem as you, and I'm actually in the same flat as Jamie. At least you ~can~ distract your Boy when you're in the same place as he is! It's getting impossible to get Jamie off Runescape lately, he's on it about 12 hours a day or so, it's crazy.
Genius is always allowed some leeway, after the hammer has been prised from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up - Thief Of Time.

There may, as the philosopher says, be no spoon, although this begs the question of why there is the idea of soup. - Thief Of Time

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot* - Hogfather

To travel between universes would require an extremely subtle knife, or a cunning spoon - Callum

:cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby Darragh » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:40 pm

jealous yet?

Hells no! :P

The sad fact is that if you are gamer it would be sacrilage not to be playing at least 4 or 5 hours a day. The amount of good games that have just came out and are just about to come out is insane. Mario Galaxy is out very soon...if he has a Wii then you will not hear from him for about 3 days.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Re: My boyfriend cheats on me with World of Warcraft!

Postby sxygreenshoelace » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:56 pm

yeah so this game could totally be labeled a 'homewrecker' but it's kind of fun... I don't really play video games, but I tried it and another one, it was like God of War or something... both were pretty awesome... not gonna lie... I liked them...

:D
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car...

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film...
sxygreenshoelace
Zalif

Yahoo Messenger: geonhope
AOL: sxygreenshoelace

Return to “%s” Ganondorf's Tower