The Republic of Heaven

TBOD: How did Asriel assemble his army?

Discuss general topics related to the series

TBOD: How did Asriel assemble his army?

Postby Trystobefunny » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:37 pm

They never explained how he organized this mass army in such a short amount of time. If I remember right...they briefly talk about Asriel using some sort of time manipulator of some sort.(may have miss read it) but if anyone knows an answer it would be greatly appreciated.

This may be answered in "The book of Dust". (just wondering if anyone knows)
Image + Image + Image = Image
There are many worlds beyond our own. Make a difference in yours.
Trystobefunny
Gallivespian Spy

Yahoo Messenger: Trystobefunny
AOL: trystobefunny

Re: How did Asriel assemble his army?

Postby Will's.Lost.Fingers » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:42 pm

Yes,I thought about that too.How in just a few weeks he builds a huge strong hold,creates an army and so on.How did he left Citagazze at all?
Will's.Lost.Fingers
Grazer

Postby jpaul » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:00 pm

I think Lee Scoresby (during his travel through Citagazze to find Grumman), mentioned to one of the men (I forgot the name) that Asriel planned the rebellion long, long before.. I think he assembled the army even before he traveled the worlds and built the Adamant Tower. Angels and other creatures have been rebelling against the Authority even before Asriel was born.
jpaul
Grazer

Postby Trystobefunny » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:24 pm

jpaul wrote:I think Lee Scoresby (during his travel through Citagazze to find Grumman), mentioned to one of the men (I forgot the name) that Asriel planned the rebellion long, long before.. I think he assembled the army even before he traveled the worlds and built the Adamant Tower. Angels and other creatures have been rebelling against the Authority even before Asriel was born.

Yes I am familiar with that passage but how did he contact all those sentients? As PP describes there are millions of beings in Asriels republic world. How did he gather all them, and build the fortress, and send the "signal" that all the solders are following?
Image + Image + Image = Image
There are many worlds beyond our own. Make a difference in yours.
Trystobefunny
Gallivespian Spy

Yahoo Messenger: Trystobefunny
AOL: trystobefunny

Postby jessia » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:44 pm

i think we can guess that the rebel angels had a part in that. although it's not explicitly stated in the books, it seems like lord asriel is picking up the leadership of human and human-like sentient creatures from the many worlds who share a similar sentiment with regards to the authority. xaphania on lord asriel's side doesn't seem like someone who joined up for his cause (from a subordinate position), but simply an enthusiast who saw potential in him as a leader.
"o stars, isn't it from you that the lover's desire for the face
of his beloved arises? doesn't his secret insight
into her pure features come from the pure constellations?"
- from rainer maria rilke's third elegy

sign up and help edit+create his dark materials wiki articles for bridgetothestars!
http://www.bridgetothestars.net/wiki/index.php

Image Image
jessia
Sraffie Queen

Postby jpaul » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:28 am

Trystobefunny wrote:

Yes I am familiar with that passage but how did he contact all those sentients? As PP describes there are millions of beings in Asriels republic world. How did he gather all them, and build the fortress, and send the "signal" that all the solders are following?

I don't think he actually contacted the rebels. I think they voluntarily followed Asriel when they found out that Asriel is planning to make the second war against the Authority.
jpaul
Grazer

Return to “%s” General The Book of Dust Talk