The Republic of Heaven

Do you believe in God?

Discuss other ideas related to His Dark Materials here (e.g. multiverse theory. philosophical questions, theology...etc.)

Do you believe there is a god of some sort????

No
43%
Yes
26%
Who's God?
8%
Unsure
23%

Total votes : 61

Postby Kinders » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:10 pm

Zodiac wrote:Alright, I was wrong about the agnosticism thing. There are people out there who think they KNOW beyond any and all doubt that there is or is not a God.

HOWEVER

I think that those who are posting here are at least partially agnostic. Yes, we all fall into our own little categories (Atheist, Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Jewish, etc.etc.), but I think we all have at least some degree of uncertainty.

Zodiac wrote:Really, though. Is there anyone on this thread who is absolutely certain, beyond any doubt, that God does or does not exist? I'm not trying to force a classification on you (shot in the dark), I'm just trying to find some common ground.

But.. but.. you've just conceded one thing and then claimed the opposite. I am not agnostic. I do not believe there is a God. You've just confused knowledge and belief again.

I joined this forum shortly after turning 17, and for several years was liable to be
any combination of angry, self-righteous, naive, uninformed, curt and belligerent.
Luckily this teenage attitude is only occasionally evident in my posts - but where
it is, I apologise, and ask you to read them with the understanding that I am no
longer quite so consumed by any of those characteristics.

My website
Kinders
Good egg

Postby Undestined » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:16 am

Kinders wrote:
Zodiac wrote:Alright, I was wrong about the agnosticism thing. There are people out there who think they KNOW beyond any and all doubt that there is or is not a God.

HOWEVER

I think that those who are posting here are at least partially agnostic. Yes, we all fall into our own little categories (Atheist, Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Jewish, etc.etc.), but I think we all have at least some degree of uncertainty.

Zodiac wrote:Really, though. Is there anyone on this thread who is absolutely certain, beyond any doubt, that God does or does not exist? I'm not trying to force a classification on you (shot in the dark), I'm just trying to find some common ground.

But.. but.. you've just conceded one thing and then claimed the opposite. I am not agnostic. I do not believe there is a God. You've just confused knowledge and belief again.

No, I said that there are SOME who don't have any doubt as to God's existance, but I don't BELIEVE (although I don't KNOW) that any of those people are posting here. So It's a partial concession. My point is, if we know that there's nobody here who is absolutely certain of God's existance, this debate can go more smoothly.
(The Sraffie Formerly Known as Zodiac)
Undestined
Armoured Bear

Re: God Anyone?

Postby shady » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:39 pm

I beleive only what i see,feel...HDM changed my believes in God,i started asking myself should i beleive in something that i never saw,or felt.NO i said to myself
and continued reading His Dark Materials. :P
Some Will Fall but i Rise Thug Or Die
Makin Choices that Determine my Future Under the Sky
shady
Gallivespian Spy

Website: http://www.TheHateUGiveLittleInfantsFucksEveryone.com

Postby Philharmonic » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:22 pm

nope. no god whatsoever 100% sure no way.

i find it impossible to believe that a big guy in the clouds who would send you to burn for eternity for breaking one of 10 rules loves you. and i cant believe there are still people in this day and age who think the earth is 6000 years old.

anyone who wants to see my point, watch zeitgeist, i found it intriguing.

Stardate 53476.8. Captain's log. Still won't flush. I'll try again later.
Philharmonic
Angel

Location: Some small corner of a foreign field that is forever England

Postby LadyHawke » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 pm

While I admit to lovin the stories (tell them stories!), I don't technically 'believe' in a God. But I am not technically an atheist, either, cuz I know that there is SOMETHING other than just what we can see in this physical world. Again, I KNOW, I don't bother with belief.

I do see a magick that cannot be explained by science, and the great 'why' I answered a long time ago..... But the only reason people have a God is so they can fight over what 'it' is called..... :roll:

I am a deeply spiritual person, but I hold NO truck with religion or preistcraft in ANY form, and that includes a blind faith or trust in the empiricalness of science, either.....

I am freinds with personally this guy, http://www.psychognosis.net/ and this is the only thing other than my own experiences that I would 'ascribe' to in any way. He is a good friend and teacher, the only one I have appointed to myself. 8)
_./'\._¸¸.•¤**¤•.¸.•¤**¤**'
*•. . •*** LadyHawke **`
/.•*•.\ ¸..•¤**¤•., .•¤**¤•*

If you're goin thru hell, the LAST thing you wanna do is stop.....

ImageMy daemon, Ayden.
LadyHawke
Armoured Bear

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby tellthemstories » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:29 pm

The whole problem with the god or no god argument, is that everyone has a different opinion of what it is, and I don't think anyone truly comprehends it. We can't after all, we are human, we can't even comprehend ourselves.
What does it take to make us real?
tellthemstories
Grazer

Return to “%s” Other Ideas