The Republic of Heaven

E3 2009

Discuss Video games and other technology

E3 2009

Postby Darragh » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Sorry about the removal of this thread. I really couldn't be bothered because I have limited time and I thought nobody cared. Somebody cared so I cared again. Not a complete thread but it's the best you are going to get. :P My final act will be to make a The Last Gaurdian thread tomorrow. It will be awesome. :o

Xbox 360

● EA's cooperative shooter Army of Two: The 40th Day has new media for consumption. (T, I, V)
● Yeah, Platinum Games' Bayonetta has plenty of T&A to go along with your Kamiya badassery. (V)
● Bioware's Mass Effect 2 looks incredible, and is sure to fix many of the problems people had with the first if the trailer is anything to go by.
● Rockstar announces Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony as part of their DLC exclusivity deal for Microsoft.
● Bioshock 2 has a firm release date of November 3rd.
● Bethesda announced Brink from Splash Damage!
● The Tekken 6 E3 Trailer!
● Sega has announced Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. Oh boy.
● Supreme Commander 2 Revealed!
● Mear Gear Rising announced. It stars Raiden.
● Halo Reach announced. Not much is not, except it is about the last holdouts on planet Reach and will be released in 2010.
● Halo: ODST was demoed, and it looked pretty ~*iguana*~ rad.
● The much rumoured Xbox Live "Motion Camera" has been revealed. Called NATAL, it requires no controller and is much like an advanced EyeToy.
● Crysis 2 has officially been announced for PS3, 360 and PC. It will further demonstrate Crytek's capabilities on consoles apparently.
● Alan Wake is finally slated for release in Spring 2010. It was demoed on stage and seemed incredibly thrilling.
● Left 4 Dead 2 is announced for release this winter. Changes include new melee weaponry, special infected and characters.
● Splinter Cell: Conviction was shown at the event. Looks badass.
● The GAF favorite is receiving a sequel in Crackdown 2. Almost nothing is known about it as a computer generated teaser was shown.
● Final Fantasy XIII was demoed at the Microsoft event, with a tentative release window of Spring 2010. Cross your fingers.
● Forza 3 looks insanely feature packed. With over 400 cars from 50 different manufacturers, it is being heralded as THE sim racing event of the generation for 360.
● Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is not only looking insane, it's also getting exclusive DLC on the 360.
● Rock Band: Beatles is set to bring the iconic group to your music gaming love.

You can watch the conference here. http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/index.html?start=0&stop=6807&show=0&ep=http%3A//cms001.slc1.qcn3.movenetworks.com/cms/publish/vod/vodclip/foxign/5516.qvt I think you might have to download an addon for firefox but it is good quality.

A very good conference.

Sony

● Early internal test footage of the long-awaited Project TRICO leaks onto the internet.
● Pixeljunk 1-4 has officially been named Pixeljunk Shooter.
● EA's cooperative shooter Army of Two: The 40th Day has new media for consumption.
● Platinum Games' Bayonetta has plenty of T&A to go along with your Kamiya badassery.
● Quantic Dream's Heavy Rain has been illuminated in the latest feature at gametrailers.
● Natsume is bringing over the "photography simulator" Afrika to America.
● The E3 White Knight Chronicles Trailer!
● The Tekken 6 E3 Trailer!
● Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time Gameplay Trailer!
● Final Fantasy VII coming to PSN as a PSOne Classic!
● Gran Turismo 5 announced!
● The God of War 3 demo is amazing.
● Final Fantasy XIV announced! PS3/PC Exclusive. 2010!
● Project Trico officially shown, called The Last Guardian. Looks absolutely stunning.
● A huge blowout of Sony PS3 news: Motion Control, Rockstar PS3 Project Revealed: Agent, Mod Nation Racers Shown, AC 2 Connectivity, MAG is still massive.

PlayStation Portable

● An enormous Pre-E3 Sony leak: PSP Go, Gran Turismo PSP and Metal Gear PSP.
● LucasArts officially announced Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron for Nintendo DS and PSP.
● PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe coming to PSP in Q3 2009!
● The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is coming in Autumn 2009.
● Some official PSP Go images have leaked. It's pretty gorgeous.
● The early June 2009 Qore that leaked which has an in-depth PSP Go segment and the first LittleBigPlanet PSP footage.
● Final Fantasy VII coming to PSN as a PSOne Classic!
● PSP Go officially announced for 249.99 euro and dollar.
● Invizimals, a camera add on that acts like the PSEye, for PSP.
● An massive blowout of Sony PSP news: New Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil PSP Titles, Assassin's Creed 2 PSP Connectivity.

Conference here: http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/index.html?start=0&stop=7054&show=0&ep=http%3A//cms001.slc1.qcn3.movenetworks.com/cms/publish/vod/vodclip/foxign/5531.qvt

Given the leaked information before the conference this was an excellent show.

Nintendo

Nintendo Wii

● Nintendo announced Metroid Prime Trilogy is coming to the Wii on August 24th.
● High Voltage Games, makers of The Conduit, reveal Gladiator A.D., a brutal action fighting game.
● In other High Voltage Games news, their other future Wii title is The Grinder, a vampires, werewolves and zombies co-operative online shooter.
● Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, sequel to the critically acclaimed DS title Drawn to Life, was announced.
● Majesco has announced Flip's Twisted World which looks to be a Super Mario Galaxy-inspired platformer scheduled for release in January of 2010.
● Ubisoft has announced a Wii-exclusive sequel to Shaun White Snowboarding entitled Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage.
● Dead Space Extraction has an official release date of September 29, 2009.
● Fragile is being localized for North America! Thanks XSEED! )
● Atlus announced Trauma Team for release Spring 2010!
● Monado: Beginning of the World, a pretty Nintendo developed RPG is coming to Wii.
● A new No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle trailer!
● The A Boy and His Blob remake is looking stunning.
● Wii Fit Plus officially announced. Will be released Fall 2009 bundled with or without the Balance Board.
● New Super Mario Bros. Wii, a four player 2D Mario, announced and confirmed for Holiday 2009 release.
● Red Steel 2 to be bundled with Wii Motion Plus!
● Super Mario Galaxy 2! Coming in 2010.
● Iwata's Wii Vitality Sensor will bring a greater sense of relaxation to people in our stressful society.
● Team Ninja and Nintendo announced Metroid: Other M for 2010 on Wii. Looks ~*iguana*~ amazing.
● Miyamoto announced that he wants to announce a new Zelda next year for Wii using MotionPlus.

Nintendo DS

● The Another World, the Level-5 and Studio Ghibli's DS RPG announced last year, is looking fantastic and is still slated for a 2009 release.
● C.O.P: The Recruit, an open world DS game, was announced.
● LucasArts officially announced Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron for Nintendo DS and PSP.
● Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, sequel to the critically acclaimed DS title Drawn to Life, was announced.
● WarioWare DIY announced!
● Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days coming to U.S on Setptember 29th.
● Golden Sun DS revealed! 2010 release!
● Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story coming to NA and EU in Q3 2009.
● Summer DSi Update will allow photo upload to Facebook!

Conference here: http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/index.html?start=0&stop=4193&show=0&ep=http%3A//cms001.slc1.qcn3.movenetworks.com/cms/publish/vod/vodclip/foxign/5553.qvt

Certainly better than last year with some huge games announced. Mario Galaxy 2. Yay!
Last edited by Darragh on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Re: E3 2009

Postby Darragh » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Other Stuff:

iPhone

● 8bitone, by Japanese developer Yudo, lets you arrange your own chiptune soundtracks on the fly. Available on the App Store in June.
● Mass Effect Galaxy, a prequel to ME2, is coming to iPhone!
● The Sims 3 iPhone version is really shaping up.

PC

● Natural Selection 2 is coming this year!
● Supreme Commander 2 Revealed!
● Crysis 2 has officially been announced for PS3, 360 and PC.
● Left 4 Dead 2 is announced for release this winter. Changes include new melee weaponry, special infected and characters.
● Announced The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
● Announced Tales of Monkey Island
● Announced Crysis 2
● Announced Left 4 Dead 2. Coming November 17.
● Metal Gear Rising on PC too.
● Starcraft II at the end of 2009
● Assassin's Creed 2 to release on 17 de November.
● Mass Effect 2 to release on January 2010
●Alan Wake to release on Spring 2010
●Star Wars The Old Republic full voice acting.
●Announced Lego Harry Potter 1-4
●Shadow Complex on PC too.
●Oct 20 release date of Dragon Age: Origins
●Splinter Cell Conviction for PC too.
● 'All Points Bulletin,' Coming Early 2010. Published by EA.
● Announced Final Fantasy XIV Online
Last edited by Darragh on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby Nora » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:53 am

Darragh wrote:● Sega has announced Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. Oh boy.

A buddy of mine has been a project lead on this game, he wasn't able to tell me what it was until today. He kept saying "it's something huge, you're going to be so pumped!". Needless to say, I was not impressed. If you have any suggestions for the game though, I can pass them along :P

Some good stuff overall, though nothing really wows me.
Image Image
Nora
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Anoria » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:12 am

Have to admit I've caught some of the contagious excitement about the Metroid title coming out next year. While I've never been too excited about this blonde busty bounty hunter character kicking more ass than I could ever dream to do, I've come to accept that Metroid is awesome and there's nothing I can do about it. And that the Boy will reserve a copy of Other M at Gamestop, oh, probably within a day of them offering such a service.

Otherwise:
Galaxy 2 reminds me that I need to finish Galaxy 1. I'm very excited about the Yoshiness. (And that I need to make mp3 ringtones out of more than the Egg Planet background, which is my current alarm clock audio).

Not looking forward to No More Heroes 2. Just the art style of that game made me cringe, not even taking into account how iguana'd up the actual story and events and main character are.

Coooperative Super Mario Bros sounds like fun, but it's not as enticing as the thought of Yoshi+Galaxy.

What? You mean there are other, non-Nintendo consoles out there? Rubbish! Though the Batman: Asylum PS3 exclusive looks appealing, if I ever hung out with or, you know, spoke to anyone who owns a PS3.

Thanks for reviving the thread, Darragh!
Hey baby, what's your callsign?

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Anoria
Solver

AOL: telcontara177

Postby Darragh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:34 am

Nathan wrote:

A buddy of mine has been a project lead on this game, he wasn't able to tell me what it was until today. He kept saying "it's something huge, you're going to be so pumped!". Needless to say, I was not impressed. If you have any suggestions for the game though, I can pass them along :P

I would suggest that if they want it to sell they should get Mario in it. :P
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby Nora » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:44 am

Darragh wrote:
Nathan wrote:

So basically, just scrap the game and put Sonic in Mario Kart? :P
Image Image
Nora
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Darragh » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:12 am

Nathan wrote:
Darragh wrote:
Nathan wrote:

So basically, just scrap the game and put Sonic in Mario Kart? :P

Mario, his friends, sonic and his ~*pineapples*~ friends at the world kart championship 2009. It would sell millions.:P

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is Sega's best ever selling game and it's on a Nintendo console. Such things should not have come to pass.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby Qu Klaani » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Nothing terribly exciting to me, but hell I'm up for more of Marios both Galaxy and New.
Qu Klaani
Idi Admin

Postby Darragh » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:58 pm

I'm quite excited for Metroid. It seems like it's going to be more like the original. Nintendo EAD1 + Team Ninja making a metroid seems like a good combination.

IGN: We're all huge Metroid fans. We loved Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. So we're really psyched that we're finally going to get some real back story on Samus. How much in terms of story and cinematics can we expect?

Yoshio Sakamoto: One thing I need to explain is that I was really not that involved directly in the development of the Metroid Prime series. What I was involved in was the development of the initial NES Metroid, the GBA Metroid, Super Metroid and then finally Metroid Fusion. And within that timeline, the Other M story will take place between Super Metroid and the Fusion stories. What I hope to achieve with Other M is answer those questions -- you know, who is Samus? What is her background? Who are the characters that made her what she is? All these questions and more will be answered. I could tell you a little more about the details of what you might expect, but I don't want to ruin it for you so I'll just leave it at that.

Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Return to “%s” Ganondorf's Tower