The Republic of Heaven

God of War 3 or This File is Too Wide Lameness

Discuss Video games and other technology

God of War 3 or This File is Too Wide Lameness

Postby Darragh » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Sorry about the thumbnails but I am not altering these pictures. 'twould be an injustice. Look at the first one! Epic!

Trailer for great justice! Epic! or you may only use font up to 200 lameness.

Really good looking game with still well over 6 months of development to go.

Edit: Trailer is up on PSN in 720p glory for any of you PS3 owners. Probably like 1 or two people then. :P
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Re: God of War 3 or This File is Too Wide Lameness

Postby kezmondo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:01 pm

When I saw that trailer in 720p I thought my eyes were going to explode. If it wasn't for this game I think the PS3 would be pretty lost right now.

Edit: Trailer is up on PSN in 720p glory for any of you PS3 owners. Probably like 1 or two people then. :P

Haha, I think that number will go up when this game comes out. Especially if they bring out those massive gauntlet's as controllers :P
Hush, the babies are sleeping, the farmers, the fishers, the tradesmen and pensioners, cobbler, schoolteacher, postman and publican, the undertaker and the fancy woman, drunkard, dressmaker, preacher, policeman, the webfoot cocklewomen and the tidy wives. Young girls lie bedded soft or glide in their dreams, with rings and trousseaux, bridesmaided by glowworms down the aisles of the organplaying wood.

::Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas::
kezmondo
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Redzin » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:56 pm

If it wasn't for this game I think the PS3 would be pretty lost right now.

...Killzone 2? And there are other PS3-only games coming in 2009 that looks nice (eg. Heavy Rain).

Oh, and God of War 3 looks pretty nice, too. ;)
Redzin
Grazer

Postby kezmondo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:26 am

And there are other PS3-only games coming in 2009
Yeah there are, but I don't think 4 or 5 (or possibly more) PS3 exclusives justify the 300 odd pounds people are shelling out to buy one in the first place.

Back on Topic, does the video seem to get better every time you watch it? I mean, those graphics are just immense.
Hush, the babies are sleeping, the farmers, the fishers, the tradesmen and pensioners, cobbler, schoolteacher, postman and publican, the undertaker and the fancy woman, drunkard, dressmaker, preacher, policeman, the webfoot cocklewomen and the tidy wives. Young girls lie bedded soft or glide in their dreams, with rings and trousseaux, bridesmaided by glowworms down the aisles of the organplaying wood.

kezmondo
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Darragh » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:55 pm

All in-game too and this is only an Alpha build. The end product probably won't be out until Christmas time so I can only imagine how good it will look then. If the visuals in God of War 1 & 2 compared to other PS2 games is anything to go by... :shock:

Infamous is also a PS3 exclusive worth keeping an eye and Uncharted 2 which looks stunning. Sony have some good games coming this year and they had some good games last year. I think there is plenty of reasons to own the console even apart from games too it just depends on the amount of disposable cash you have because it certainly is expensive for a console going into it's 3rd year. 360 is is great value in comparison.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby kezmondo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Infamous is a PS3 exclusive? I did not know this. And yeah It certainly does depend on how much disposable income you have, but I wouldn't expect many people to have 300 odd pounds left after you've taken care of cost of living and such.

And Uncharted 2? AWESOME.

kezmondo
Gallivespian Spy

Return to “%s” Ganondorf's Tower