The Republic of Heaven

Currently Playing

Discuss Video games and other technology

Re: Currently Playing

Postby Darragh » Fri May 20, 2011 2:05 am

zemarl wrote:darragh: why you not tell me dragon age is good? how many times do i go to eb games or hmv and look for a used spyro game and leave empty-handed and there is this one i could've been playing for months now?

Well the original Dragon Age is quite a difficult game. The sequel is for sure something you could get into. If you like Dragon Age you might also like the older and cheaper: Baldur's Gate 1&2, Icewind Crown, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights 1&2 and The Witcher 1&2. They are sort of classic style tolkienesque rpgs. Not easy but rewarding once you learn the mechanics. Surely I directed you towards some games you enjoyed though? My keflings dragon reward is a testament to that.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby Darragh » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Just finished Beyond Good and Evil HD. It's rather sad that a last gen game makes the majority of stuff released today look rather poop.

I'm nearly finished my first playthrough of Dead Space 2 as well. Seems like more of the same but that's ok because we don't get enough corridor horror games.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby Starshade » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Need to finish Dead Space 1 before I contemplate the second.

I also need to stop being a Trophy-Whore and play games for what I originally started playing them for.
Currently Listening: The Last Of Us (Goodnight) - Gustavo Santaolalla
Currently Watching: Spotify
Currently Playing: Teslagrad/Hearthstone

and the time is 12.38 BST.
Starshade
Heartbroken Muse

Postby Max » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:26 am

Been loving Dirt 3 - strikes a balance between arcade and sim such that it's easy to master cornering so gracefully once you know how, but otherwise you'll 'realistically' ~*iguana*~ up: so you feel amazing when you do it even though it isn't actually all that hard.

Downloaded Bastion last night but haven't got round to playing it yet. Looking forward to getting into it this weekend given the Edge and Eurogamer reviews. After that will try From Dust
Max
Guardian of the Thesauri

Postby Darragh » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:59 am

Max wrote:Been loving Dirt 3 - strikes a balance between arcade and sim such that it's easy to master cornering so gracefully once you know how, but otherwise you'll 'realistically' ~*iguana*~ up: so you feel amazing when you do it even though it isn't actually all that hard.

Downloaded Bastion last night but haven't got round to playing it yet. Looking forward to getting into it this weekend given the Edge and Eurogamer reviews. After that will try From Dust

I was a big fan of Dirt 3. There is not enough rally style games. It's the style of racing game that makes you feel "~*iguana*~ yeah.." when you do something good. The visuals are really nice too.

I didn't like the demo of Bastion so I opted for From Dust instead and I was not disappointed. A thinking man's game.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Return to “%s” Ganondorf's Tower