The Republic of Heaven

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Announced!

Discuss Video games and other technology

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Announced!

Postby kezmondo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:35 pm

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

Website with teaser trailer which seems to contain hidden messages, All I've found so far are new perks.

Anybody find anything else?

Oh yeah- WHOOOOOOO
Hush, the babies are sleeping, the farmers, the fishers, the tradesmen and pensioners, cobbler, schoolteacher, postman and publican, the undertaker and the fancy woman, drunkard, dressmaker, preacher, policeman, the webfoot cocklewomen and the tidy wives. Young girls lie bedded soft or glide in their dreams, with rings and trousseaux, bridesmaided by glowworms down the aisles of the organplaying wood.

::Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas::
kezmondo
Gallivespian Spy

Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Announced!

Postby Darragh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:07 pm

It's coming out in Novermember or October or something. I hope they get rid of the autoaim on consoles. :P
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby kezmondo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:01 pm

Yeah me too. Sniping was awful on consoles with that on.
Hush, the babies are sleeping, the farmers, the fishers, the tradesmen and pensioners, cobbler, schoolteacher, postman and publican, the undertaker and the fancy woman, drunkard, dressmaker, preacher, policeman, the webfoot cocklewomen and the tidy wives. Young girls lie bedded soft or glide in their dreams, with rings and trousseaux, bridesmaided by glowworms down the aisles of the organplaying wood.

kezmondo
Gallivespian Spy

Postby AlexSP » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:47 pm

but you could toggle it on/off from options, so no big deal, right? i remember playing modern warfare through on singleplayer with it on, and then trying multiplayer and it was like omg i have to actually aim ... so on my next few playthroughs (i tend to play the call of duty games over and over with all the difficulty levels too) i turned it off and it was tons better. you know what aim is difficult? killzone 2 aiming! i've only logged a coupla hours of online playing cos i feel so useless and crap.
There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

AOL: ARosecatcher

Postby Darragh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:19 pm

There is autoaim in online that cannot be turned off. Nub console nubs can't even notice it. They think it's their l33t skillz. :P

Defensive console nubs like to call it aim assist because console gamers need assistance to play their games. :P
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby kezmondo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Additionally, IW have dropped the CoD IP for this game, (and hopefully their next games). I don't blame then with Treyarch giving the CoD title a bad name.

kezmondo
Gallivespian Spy

Postby AlexSP » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Darragh wrote:There is autoaim in online that cannot be turned off. Nub console nubs can't even notice it. They think it's their l33t skillz. :P

Defensive console nubs like to call it aim assist because console gamers need assistance to play their games. :P

there's no auto-aim/aim assist in my multiplayer CoD! it's completely WYSIWYG, if you will. maybe we're talking about different things? i mean the thing in single player when if you're pointed towards and enemy, then aim down the sight, if you were pointing slightly away from them, the gun goes towards them. and you can turn it off so that when you aim down the sight, it aims where you were pointing, enemy or no enemy nearby, a "free aim" system, ie. "realistic" and how fps games should be of course. and in all my multiplayering i've never had it assist my aiming in any way...
There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

Postby Darragh » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 am

AlexSP wrote:
Darragh wrote:There is autoaim in online that cannot be turned off. Nub console nubs can't even notice it. They think it's their l33t skillz. :P

there's no auto-aim/aim assist in my multiplayer CoD! it's completely WYSIWYG, if you will. maybe we're talking about different things? i mean the thing in single player when if you're pointed towards and enemy, then aim down the sight, if you were pointing slightly away from them, the gun goes towards them. and you can turn it off so that when you aim down the sight, it aims where you were pointing, enemy or no enemy nearby, a "free aim" system, ie. "realistic" and how fps games should be of course. and in all my multiplayering i've never had it assist my aiming in any way...

In multi-player when you target someone your aim sticks to them slightly. So you think you aimed on to the player perfectly but really you aimed close and the A.I did the rest. There are a lot of people that don't notice it which shows it's implemented pretty well but if you aim a sniper rifle into a group of people who are all moving it becomes extremely hard to aim. I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you. I really am. Google it if you don't believe me. People exploit it to target players through smoke.

kezmondo wrote:Additionally, IW have dropped the CoD IP for this game, (and hopefully their next games). I don't blame then with Treyarch giving the CoD title a bad name.

I just hope they don't have to keep remaking modern warfare. It's great but these guys are super talented and would probably want to do something different eventually. Maybe Modern Welfare, a sim that you have to help a group of deadbeats make it to the top overcoming the barriers modern society puts up to stop them.
Last edited by Darragh on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby AlexSP » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:03 am

i've noticed a slight sticking when i fire at someone, like that little X appears on the screen for a moment, so you do little bursts instead of just holding fire until the mag is finished (which i tend to do anyway cos i'm trigger happy). i have really sh!tty aim anyway cos of the whole not consoling for 10 years thing ...
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

Return to “%s” Ganondorf's Tower