The Republic of Heaven

HDM The Game - developer chosen!!!

Discuss Video games and other technology

Postby Gabe » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:35 am

Darragh wrote:See Dreamfall 2. :)

I've been meaning to check it (and the first one) out...I'll probably pick them up after I get my first paycheck.

It is also worth noting that action platform games can be integrated well with traditional graphic adventure games (as in Psychonauts...if you haven't already, you should check this game out Calix), but that style probably wouldn't suit HDM so well. ;)
Gabe
Unicluster Theologian

Postby Somewhat » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:50 am

Ooo, I have an idea. Why not make a text-based HDM game? I can make one, that'll be quite fun. If you don't know what they are, try Interative Fiction in wikipedia. They were what people played before they had graphics, and they are verey retro and very fun. And they require thinking, something E.A. never caught on to.
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby Missy_Me » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:39 pm

a game? Well, I liked the HP games.. Well, the 4 sucked. But, uhm I don't know. I think they'll change the whole story.. :?
Missy_Me
Witch

Postby Undestined » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:44 pm

Text games are so obnoxious; I played the Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy game, and almost everything I typed got some sarcastic response. Stupid Babelfish. Stupid doors...*mutters to self*
(The Sraffie Formerly Known as Zodiac)
Undestined
Armoured Bear

Postby ERADicator » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:52 pm

Well...since no one here sees how it can be made into a game (I myself can't, really)...does anyone have ANY ideas at all about how to make it game material?

How about a MMORPG? One knife, a few alethiometers and you run around trying to find the stuff through many different worlds? Obviously there will be random windows through to other worlds and the worlds themselves will be massive and quite varied. But the knife-wielder can just cut through whenever he/she wants to and escape the people trying to steal the knife.
The alethiometers can be used to find out where magical items and the knife are....and that's just the beginning.... :wink:
Shun the light
Embrace the dark
Feast on souls
Contaminate your heart
Become the Devil
Learn to hate
Your eventual demise
Is a product of Fate

Poetry by me
ERADicator
Grazer

Postby AUST » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:18 pm

Hopefully it's with a decent producer, Retro Studios, Rare, Square, those sort of guys. Just not EA. Please, god not EA. They butcher every movie game they get.

anyone got anyideas how a HDM game would work? Platformer? FPS (No idea how that would work) Adventure?
My Spelling is wobberly. I get all the right letters but they wobble and end up in the wrong order
AUST
Witch

Postby KittyKat » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:10 pm

Yey, It's Sega! It should be really good...well, that or they've slaughtered it. :(
Jellybaby?

Now I'm through my hyperactive kid stage, and into moody teenager stage of evolution. ~*iguana*~ off!

The topic or post you requested does not exist

I can't get the piccie in, but I am Post Whore Sraffie '07.
Honest.

If you see a leaf blow past you in the wind...
it's the metaphor for my sanity and I lost it again. Please call 0800 - 555 - 666 to claim your 10p reward.
KittyKat
Angel

Location: Where troubles melt like lemon drops (that's where you'll find me on weekends)

Postby tipani » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:20 pm

Dreamfall 2???

I think you mean Dreamfall (which is The Longest Journey 2)

I played both TLJ and Dreamfall just recently. Great games. I'm really hooked on Dreamfall's ending... can't wait for the closing third title.

Will it be the Amber Spyglass of adventure games? We'll see.
tipani
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Diolmhain » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:02 pm

Is it sega?

I thought it was EA.

Between EA and new line this site will probabbly be full of
OMG Hve u sen da mvi ers

And lets not forget the

Theres a glitch on level eight.. one of pans eyelashs dissapear for a nano second ers
totally totally totally
Diolmhain
also available in blue

Postby Mr Anderson » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:27 pm

It will be another chronicles of narnia game, except considerably worse (if thats possible).
IDIOT, n.
A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. The Idiot's activity is not confined to any special field of thought or action, but "pervades and regulates the whole." He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable. He sets the fashions and opinion of taste, dictates the limitations of speech and circumscribes conduct with a dead-line.
Mr Anderson
Witch

Postby Darragh » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:27 am

tipani wrote:Dreamfall 2???

I think you mean Dreamfall (which is The Longest Journey 2)

I played both TLJ and Dreamfall just recently. Great games. I'm really hooked on Dreamfall's ending... can't wait for the closing third title.

Will it be the Amber Spyglass of adventure games? We'll see.

Jeese pick out a minor mistake I made months ago why don't ye... :P
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby tipani » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:50 pm

Sorry :) I was just afraid I missed the third game :P
tipani
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Darragh » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:37 am

Just noticed on the main site that Sega are publishing this. A good thing as they will allow the developer alot more freedom than, say, E.A.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby tartar » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:45 am

FYI, here is the site for the game. http://www.sega.com/gamesite/goldencompass/index.php

It's being developed by Shiny. :D
tartar
Grazer

Postby Darragh » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:00 am

Shiny...shiny...they made MDK right? Superb game, really superb but they haven't made a decent game for a while. They did the Matrix games and I wasn't at all impressed.

Not very optimistic but i'll give them a fair chance. (I'm sure they'll be relieved)
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby Somewhat » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:02 am

And a mirror site appears to be here: http://www.goldencompassgame.com/en/index.html

That link is from the Golden Compass Game section under About the Film on the official site.
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Re: HDM The Game - developer chosen!!!

Postby shady » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:46 pm

(its been a long time since someone entered this post,i can see dust everywhere..) :wink:
For anyone interested,this game is awesome for Everybody who call themselves HDM and Game fans..
Such as me
Some Will Fall but i Rise Thug Or Die
Makin Choices that Determine my Future Under the Sky
shady
Gallivespian Spy

Website: http://www.TheHateUGiveLittleInfantsFucksEveryone.com

Return to “%s” Ganondorf's Tower